You and your family decide on the services right for you, and your hospice care team works to help with your needs. Your hospice care team nurse works with you and your family to create a customized plan for your care. The plan details the services you and your family receive.
Your care plan can be changed at any time, depending on your needs. Contact HCI Hospice Care Services with questions.
Members of the hospice team may include:
- Patients and their Families
- Patient’s Physician and/or a HCI Hospice Care Services Team Physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Nurses who work with the patient’s physician to manage comfort and teach family members how to care for the patient.
- Hospice Aides who help the patient bathe, walk and get in and out of bed; remind the patient to take medications; assist with meals; and change linens and do light housekeeping
- Social Workers who help the patient and family manage ongoing challenges related to end of life. They offer emotional support and education on finances, caregiving and end-of-life planning.
- Spiritual Care Counselors who connect patients and caregivers with spiritual resources that support the dignity and comfort of each individual family and help the human spirit in its search for peace and meaning
- Pharmacists, Therapists, Dieticians and others who offer special skills, therapies and knowledge to meet the unique needs of patients and their families
- Volunteers who can provide company and understanding, help with errands or prepare light meals; assist with care and provide relief for caregivers; and provide a ride to medical appointments
- Bereavement Counselors who are available to families throughout the end-of-life journey; provide educational materials; learning opportunities; and offer support to the family for up to one year