HCI Care Services & Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa
A Community Partnership
In 2012, HCI Care Services (formerly Hospice of Central Iowa) and Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa (VNS of Iowa) formed a community partnership to better serve our communities’ most vulnerable populations.
We share a tradition of community-based, non-profit care services which enhance quality of life.
- We offer a full continuum of care services, from prenatal support to end of life.
- Both organizations have strong reputations and long histories of serving vulnerable populations.
- We share a common mission, vision and set of values.
We are stronger together.
- Through combined expertise and resources, we operate more efficiently.
- Together, we are ensuring better sustainability to serve our communities
About HCI Care Services
HCI Care Services was founded in 1978 and provides compassionate care and support to an area covering nearly half of Iowa. Its family of services include:
- HCI Hospice Care Services – Locally-based offices throughout a 41-county service area each cover multiple counties, providing care and support to hospice patients and their families wherever they call home. In addition, 24-hour care is provided in our two Des Moines-based Kavanagh Houses and the Greater Regional Hospice Home in Creston. www.hcicareservices.org | (800) 806-9934
- HCI Giving Tree thrift stores – Sales and donations to HCI Giving Tree thrift stores benefit services and programs for patients of HCI Hospice Care Services and their families. Visit www.hcigivingtree.org. Store locations include:
- Urbandale - our large flagship thrift store at 3330 100th Street in Urbandale opened in 2010. The store gladly accepts gently-used donations of furniture, clothing, accessories, décor and more. (515) 270-2414
- Des Moines' East Village - opened in 2015, our second location at 521 East Locust, Suite 102 in Des Moines offers stylish finds in a smaller boutique atmosphere.
About Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa
Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa was founded in 1908 and provides dozens of medical, education and support services to our communities’ most vulnerable individuals, including children, young mothers and families, adults and older Iowans, immigrant and refugee populations. www.vnsia.org | (515) 288-1516
In addition to the many grant-funded programs which “live” under the VNS of Iowa name, the organization offers several independently-branded services, shown in bold type below. VNS of Iowa helps those who need:
Not sure where to start? Click here to get connected to the services you need.